Featured Slider

Ice cream cone card | A blog named Hero challenge

Hello crafty friends,

Popping in for a quick post.  I created this card for a challenge from A Blog Named Hero featuring my favorite Hero Arts products.

I used a stencil to create the background with ink blending.  I moved the stencil around a few times to make the bokeh effect with green and blue inks.

I stamped the layered ice cream stamps using my Misti tool.  I made a couple of the taller ones by masking the top stamp before adding the bottom layer of ice cream.

I embellished a couple of the cones with some really cute sprinkles in two styles from Little Things by Lucy on the middle and far left cones.  On the cone at the far right I also incorporated some Marvy's liquid puffy material as the "whipped cream" and added the sprinkles on top of it.

Before attaching the cones I wrapped the panel several times with a pink embroidery weight thread and secured behind the panel with tape.  The ice cream cones are popped up on dimensional dots. I then layered the panel onto a light blue cardstock panel and adhered both to an A6 sized card base in 110 # white cardstock.

I decorated the inside of my card as well with one of the sentiments from the same Hero Arts stamp set and some of the sprinkles using several colors.

Thanks for taking a look!!

Triple spinner Saint Patrick's Day Card | Tic Tac Toe challenge #39

Hello crafty friends,

I have a really fun card to share with you today.  This week's challenge board had "spinner" as one of the elements.  given my love of interactive cards it was an easy choice.

I went with the left diagonal down on the board: Spinner Card - Accents - Smooshing.  Please be sure to visit the challenge board to play along with us!

Colorful Coffee Card | So Suzy Stamps

 Hello crafty friends,

I created a very colorful collection of coffee cups using the cute coffee cup stamp.  I'm also featuring this month's free stamp (the sentiment)

This card is pretty easy to make.  I created two masks from the coffee cup stamp.  First I stamped the center cup, then the outer two cups.  I then masked the center and outer left cup and stamped in the middle, then repeated the process on the right.  Using a rainbow order, I colored each cup with Copic markers and alternated the heart to create contrast.  Last I stamped the sentiment in the middle.

Easy Peasy!

The sentiment on this card is FREE this month with any order at So Suzy Stamps!

During March, So Suzy Stamps is having a sale in the flower & foliage category - please click here to jump straight over to that section! 

And.... the free stamp of the month with any order is.....

Here are the links for the stamps:

Pop up Tulip Bouquet | So Suzy Stamps + Blog Hop

Hello crafty friends,

Today the So Suzy Stamps design team is doing a blog hop to feature all the wonderful flower & foliage stamps.  There is also a $20 gift certificate being offered to one lucky commenter - must comment on all the blogs - so stay tuned at the end of this post for the entire blog hop list.  $20 goes quite a ways in the shop - you could get all the stamps I used on this card during March with the discount.

Elegant Peacock Feather Card for So Suzy Stamps

Hello crafty friends,

Peacock feathers are some of the most beautiful in my opinion.  This stamp is one of those classics that I plan to use again and again in my card making.  I decided to use it to create an elegant background that would also serve as the focal point for my card.  I stamped the feather all over a piece of teal solid cardstock with embossing ink, added some gold embossing powder and heat set it.

Twist Easel Card | Tic Tac Toe Challenge #37

Hello crafty friends,

Welcome back for the latest Tic Tac Toe Challenge - it's my turn as featured designer and this is the board I created for this week!  I hope you will play along with us - if you didn't start at the challenge blog, just hop on over after you've had a chance to hang out with me for awhile.   I decided to challenge myself and see if I could use all 9 elements - I managed to do it too!